166 new cases of the coronavirus were reported in the province this morning.
Two more deaths from the virus were also announced, including a man in his 80s from the Winnipeg Health Region and a man in his 90s linked to the outbreak at Heritage Life Personal Care Home in Niverville.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 7.3% provincially. The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is now 29,446.
Steinbach is now down to only 1 active case of COVID-19 and the entire Southeast now has only 12 active cases.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- 26 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region.
- 69 cases in the Northern health region.
- 14 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region.
- 10 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region.
- 47 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 3,526 active cases and 25,095 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19
- 127 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 148 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 275 hospitalizations.
- 30 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as nine people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care for a total of 39 ICU patients.
- The total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 825.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,946 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 475,748. Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.