Another Manitoban has died with COVID-19. The woman in her 60s lived in the Winnipeg health region.
Eligibility to be immunized at a super site or pop-up clinic is unchanged and includes individuals aged 64 or older and First Nation people aged 44 or older.
Public health officials have confirmed 181 new cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba.
These include cases from Good Friday and Saturday. However, three cases have been removed due to a data correction. This brings the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 34,352.
Of those 181 new cases, four are in Southern Health, including one in Hanover and one in the St. Pierre/ De Salaberry district. The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 4.4 per cent provincially and four per cent in Winnipeg.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- one case in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
- 70 cases in the Northern health region;
- 19 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- four cases in the Southern Health region; and
- 87 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 1,252 active cases and 32,162 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 66 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 76 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 142 hospitalizations;
- 12 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 17 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 29 ICU patients;
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 938; and
- the total number of screened or sequenced cases related to variants of concern for the following:
- B.1.1.7 is 235;
- B.1.351 is 20;
- cases that have not been categorized is 15; and
- the total number of variant of concern cases is 270.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,465 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 588,151.
Outbreaks have been declared at St. Anthony’s Hospital Psychiatric Unit in The Pas, Meadowood Manor Personal Care Home and Lions Personal Care Home both in Winnipeg. The facilities have been moved to the Critical (Red) level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.