Public health officials have confirmed 276 new cases of COVID-19 in our province and another three Manitobans have died with COVID-19.
Today's death toll includes:
- a male in his 40s from the Winnipeg health region;
- a female in her 60s from the Winnipeg health region; and
- a male in his 80s from the Prairie Mountain health region and linked to the outbreak at the Russell Health Centre.
Eligibility to be immunized at a super site or pop-up clinic includes individuals aged 50 or older and First Nation people aged 30 or older.
Six cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the new net number of cases today to 270 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 37,339.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 6.8 per cent provincially and 7.2 per cent in Winnipeg.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- 11 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 21 cases in the Northern health region;
- 34 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 27 cases in the Southern Health region; and
- 183 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 1,891 active cases and 34,481 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 74 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 66 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 140 hospitalizations;
- 21 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 13 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 34 ICU patients;
- 2,815 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 640,928; and
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 967.