Public health officials advise five new deaths in persons with COVID-19 have been reported today:
- a male in his 60s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern;
- a female in her 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to an unspecified variant of concern;
- a female in her 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern;
- a male in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern; and
- a female in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 11.2 per cent provincially and 11.2 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 294 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, three cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 291 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 54,163.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- 23 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
- 32 cases in the Northern health region.
- 23 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 53 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 163 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 3,437 active cases and 49,633 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 311 Manitobans hospitalized with COVID-19 in Manitoba and neighbouring provinces including:
- 204 people in hospital in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 81 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious, amounting to a total of 285 hospitalizations;
- a total of 82 Manitoba patients receiving intensive care for COVID-19 including:
- 37 people in intensive care units in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 19 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, amounting to a total of 56 ICU patients in Manitoba; and
- 26 Manitoba patients in intensive care units outside the province, with 25 in Ontario and one in Alberta;
- 26 patients previously receiving care in an out-of-province ICU have now been returned to Manitoba hospitals for further care including three who were repatriated yesterday;
- no COVID-19 patients were transported out of province for care yesterday.
2,225 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 799,662. 1,093 people in the province have died due to COVID-19 to-date.