There are 81 new cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba including 35 new cases in Winnipeg.
New COVID-19 cases in Manitoba include:
• two cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region
• 37 cases in the Northern health region
• four cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• three cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region
• 35 cases in the Winnipeg health region
The current five-day COVID-19 test rate in Manitoba is 4.6 per cent and 3.8 per cent in Winnipeg.
There are three new outbreak sites, all in Winnipeg including:
- Grace Hospital unit 3 South
- MD Practice Solutions of Manitoba Inc (100-205 Fort Street)
- CN Rail (821 Lagimodiere Boulevard)
"While public health officials have declared an outbreak at these sites to ensure the public is aware of any possible risk of exposure, no specific data will be released as to case numbers at these business locations," a spokesperson from the province says about the outbreak at CN. "Public health officials continue to work directly with the sites to ensure public health measures are in place to address COVID-19 transmission."
There are currently 1,261 active COVID-19 cases and 31,401 recoveries. There have been 929 deaths.
In the hospital, there are 58 people with active COVID-19. Fourteen of those in the hospital are in intensive care. There are 80 previous cases that are no longer infectious but still require hospital care, including 13 in intensive care.
There are no changes to the total number of variants of concern, staying at 77.