273 new cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba were announced Saturday, along with two deaths.
Public health officials advise that two new deaths in a person with COVID-19 have been reported today:
A female in her 60s from the Northern health region; and
A male in his 60s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region, linked to an outbreak at the Emerson Health Centre.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 7.3% provincially. As of 9:30 a.m. Saturday, 273 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, seven cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 266 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 38,995.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- 14 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region.
- 17 cases in the Northern health region.
- 34 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region.
- Nine cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region.
- 199 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
Hospitalization data is not available due to a technical issue, but the data also shows:
- 2,468 active cases and 35,551 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19.
- 3,346 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 664,305.
- The total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 976.