Thursday is seeing a major drop in active COVID-19 cases in Manitoba.
There are 56 new COVID-19 cases in Manitoba.
New cases include:
- 22 new cases in the Winnipeg health region
- 14 new cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region
- 13 new cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region
- four new cases in the Northern health region
- three new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
To date, there are 57,269 total confirmed cases with 55,618 recoveries and 1,167 deaths. The total number of deaths includes a male in his 30s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region.
There is a large drop in active cases, moving to 537 people. The day before, on Wednesday, there were 916 active cases.
Manitoba's five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 3.3 per cent. Winnipeg's rate is 2.8 per cent.
In Manitoban hospitals, there are 105 people, with 75 of those COVID cases being no longer infectious.
Intensive care is aiding 28 people, including 19 who are no longer infectious.