There are 14 new cases of COVID-19 in Winnipeg.
Public health officials advise one additional death in a person with COVID-19 has been reported today:
• a female in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at Golden Links Lodge.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is three per cent provincially and 2.4 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 54 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, one case has been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 53 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 32,104.
Additionally, public health officials are announcing one confirmed case to be a result of the B.1.351 COVID-19 variant of concern first identified in South Africa has been detected. The case identified today is from the Winnipeg health region.
Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• two cases in Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 33 cases in the Northern health region;
• one case in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• four cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 14 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 1,133 active cases and 30,067 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 55 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 116 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 171 hospitalizations;
• nine people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 15 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 24 ICU patients;
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 904; and
• the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases of B.1.1.7 is six and B.1.351 is three, bringing the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases to nine.
Laboratory testing numbers show 2,069 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 534,021.
The outbreak has been declared over Health Science Centre GA5 and St. Amant Health and Transition Services, both in Winnipeg, and at St. Paul’s Personal Care Home in The Pas.