A firefighter was injured Tuesday battling a fire in the West Broadway area.
The blaze broke out just after 11 a.m. yesterday in a two-and-a-half-storey multi-family home in the 100 block of Maryland Street.
When crews arrived at the scene, smoke was coming from the home. Firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze within a half hour. The fire was contained to the suite where it started.
Crews completed a search of the home, and no occupants were found. One dog was found inside the house and brought to safety.
One firefighter was injured. They were assessed at the scene, but did not require a trip to the hospital.
Fire officials believed the fire was accidental, caused by a space heater used near combustibles.