The Winnipeg Police Services (WPS) were kept busy with ongoing investigations of several crime reports from the last four days all near the downtown area of the city.


The first report came on Friday, June 10 at 6:48 p.m. WPS responded to a stabbing report in the 500 block of Flora Avenue. 

When police arrived on-site, they located an injured 36-year-old male in critical condition and performed emergency medical care until Emergency Medical Services (EMS) arrived to transport the man to the hospital.

At 9:33 p.m., Heavenly Woodhouse, a 22-year-old female of Winnipeg, was located and arrested in the 400 block of Selkirk Avenue. Woodhouse has been charged with aggravated assault.

Neither party was acquainted with the other but was together at a residence when the stabbing occurred.


The second stabbing report was received on Saturday at 1:19 am and WPS arrived at the 1300 block of Elgin Avenue West. Upon arrival, officers located an injured 21-year-old male and provided emergency medical care and quickly transported him to the hospital in critical condition. Two other male victims, both in their 20s, had minor injuries.

At 1:34 a.m., two male suspects were located in the 1200 block of Alexander Avenue and were arrested. 

The Major Crimes Unit continued with the investigation and determined that the victims and suspects did not know each other before they crossed paths at a nearby park. 

Noah Logan Lavalee, an 18-year-old Winnipeg male, has been charged with aggravated assault, assault with a weapon x2, robbery, and possession of a weapon

A 17-year-old Winnipeg male has been charged with aggravated assault, assault with a weapon x2, robbery, and possession of a weapon.

At 4 a.m., the last stabbing report was received at the 200 block of Burrows Avenue. 

Two suspects used pepper spray through the backdoor of a residence, sending an adult male victim to exit which led him to be stabbed in the upper and lower body. The suspects fled the site on foot.

General Patrol (GP) officers arrived on the scene and performed emergency medical care, by applying a tourniquet allowing the victim to be transported to the hospital in stable condition.


At approximately 5 a.m., GP officers responded to a call from the 600 block of Broadway Avenue about a seriously injured male. He was transported to the hospital in unstable condition and succumbed to his injuries.

The deceased victim has been identified as Austin Mark Chief, a 24-year-old Winnipeg resident.

At 5:30 a.m., police received a call about a male, in his twenties, who had transported himself to Health Sciences Centre with gunshot wounds in his lower body. The man was in stable condition.

The victim told officers that while driving in the 300 block of Sherbrook Street, gunshots had struck his vehicle and he immediately drove himself to the hospital.

No arrests have been made.


The last report occurred at 1:30 a.m. this morning. WPS received another call of a gunshot victim who had transported themselves to the hospital. Police speculate that the 16-year-old male victim had taken a taxi in an unstable condition and was later upgraded to a stable condition.

The investigation continues despite the victim being unable to recall many details of the incident. 

Major Crimes Units and the Homicide Unit are continuing to investigate the aforementioned crimes. 

If the public has any information, call the numbers below:

  • The Homicide: Unit  204-986-6508
  • The Major Crimes Unit: 204-986-6219
  • Crime Stoppers: 204-786-8477 (TIPS)