There are 44 new COVID-19 cases of Winnipeg, a significantly lower number than the days previous.
Public health officials advise eight additional deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today including:
- a female in her 80s from the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- a male in his 50s from the Northern health region;
- a female in her 70s from Prairie Mountain Health and linked to the outbreak at the McCreary/Alonsa Health Centre;
- a male in his 70s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at Southeast Personal Care Home;
- a male in his 70s from the Winnipeg health region;
- a male in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region;
- a female in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at The Convalescent Home of Winnipeg; and
- a female in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at the Bethania Mennonite Personal Care Home.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 10.1 per cent provincially and 8.4 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 92 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, two cases were removed due to data correction and brings to net new cases to 90 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 26,540.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- nine cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- nine case in the Northern health region;
- 22 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- eight cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
- 44 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 3,100 active cases and 22,692 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- there are 138 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 164 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 302 hospitalizations;
- there are 21 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 14 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care for a total of 35 ICU patients; and
- the total number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 748. Due to a data error, one death that had been reported Sunday has been removed.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,368 tests were completed yesterday bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 441,905. Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.
An outbreak has been declared at St. Paul’s Personal Care Home in Dauphin. The site has been moved to Restricted (red) on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
Outbreaks are declared over at the Manitoba Developmental Centre in Portage la Prairie, Maplewood Manor in Steinbach, Maples Long Term Care Home, Parkview Place Long Term Care Home, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, the Patient Care Unit E6 at the St. Boniface Hospital, Concordia Hospital unit N3E, Riverview and Health Science Centre unit GH4, all in Winnipeg.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.