There are close to three thousand active COVID-19 cases in Manitoba with 36,964 recoveries.
Dr. Jazz Atwal says rising case numbers and increased hospitalizations are alarming.
Public health officials advise that one new death in people with COVID-19 has been reported today:
• a male in his 50s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 9.6 per cent provincially and 11.3 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 502 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, four cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 498 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 40,940.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• 30 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 17 cases in the Northern health region;
• 32 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• 34 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 389 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 2,989 active cases and 36,964 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 137 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 64 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 201 hospitalizations;
• 44 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 12 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 56 ICU patients;
• 4,723 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 685,810; and
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 987.