Three male youths are part of a group of 10 people involved in drug trafficking, and charges have been laid.
On May 7, 2023, at approximately 5:00 a.m., the Winnipeg Police Service responded to a fight at an apartment block in the 300 block of Hargrave Street.
Police located several individuals inside a suite believed to be involved and observed drugs in plain view.
Ten people were taken into custody as part of a drug investigation, and the Guns & Gangs Unit took over. A Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) search warrant was subsequently executed, and the following items were seized:
- 30.5 grams of Crack Cocaine (estimated street value of $5,000)
- 93 grams of powdered Cocaine (estimated street value of $9,300)
- approximately $10,000 in Canadian Currency
- 5 cell phones
- trafficking paraphernalia
Four males (in their 20s), three male youths (ages 13, 15 and 15), and three adult females (ages 19, 19 and 20) are all facing the following charges:
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000
They have been released on an Undertaking as mandated by the Criminal Code.