Winnipeg's current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 4.4 per cent.
Public health officials advise two additional deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today:
• a female in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region; and
• a female in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at Charleswood Care Centre.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 5.4 per cent provincially and 4.4 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 97 new cases of the virus have been identified. This brings the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 31,483.
Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• four cases in Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 36 cases in the Northern health region;
• one case in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• two cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 54 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 1,219 active cases and 29,378 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 78 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 128 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 206 hospitalizations;
• 14 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 18 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 32 ICU patients;
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 886; and
• the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases is four.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,790 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 514,357.