The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 5.9 per cent provincially and 5.7 per cent in Winnipeg, as 112 new cases of the virus have been identified.
This brings the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 35,213.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- seven cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 27 cases in the Northern health region;
- nine cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- four cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
- 65 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 1,312 active cases and 32,952 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 59 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 77 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 136 hospitalizations;
- 14 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 17 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 31 ICU patients; and
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 949.
Public health officials advise no deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today.
Laboratory testing numbers show 2,149 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 604,324.
Public health officials are advising of possible exposures linked to a B.1.1.7 variant of concern case on Winnipeg transit on the following dates, routes and times:
- April 2 – Blueline Route: from 3:30 p.m. at Graham Ave. and Fort St. to 4 p.m. at Chancellor Blueline Station;
- April 3 – Route 15: from 1:30 p.m. at Mackenzie St. and Boyd Ave. to 1:45 p.m. at Portage Ave. and Donald St.;
- April 3 – Route #15: from 4:30 p.m. at Ellice Ave. and Empress St. to 5:10 p.m. at Mackenzie St. and Boyd Ave.; and
- April 6 – Route #17: from 9:10 a.m. at McGregor St. and Boyd Ave. to 9:30 a.m. at Graham Ave. and Fort St.
Other possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage.