Outbreaks at a Manitoban care home, and a hospital are being declared over.
Public health officials advise five additional deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today including:
• a female in her 30s from the Winnipeg health region;
• a female in her 60s from the Winnipeg health region;
• a female in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to an outbreak at River Ridge II Retirement Residence;
• a female in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to an outbreak at Bethania Mennonite Personal Care Home; and
• a female in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 10.7 per cent provincially and 11.8 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 118 new cases of the virus have been identified, which brings the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 25,244.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• seven cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• five cases in the Northern health region;
• seven cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• 19 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 80 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 4,423 active cases and 20,133 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• there are 245 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 95 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 340 hospitalizations;
• there are 35 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as six people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care for a total of 41 ICU patients; and
• the total number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 688.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,275 tests were completed yesterday bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February to 427,476. Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.
An outbreak has been declared at the Heritage Life Personal Care Home in Niverville. The site has been moved to Critical (Red) on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
An outbreak has been declared over at the Beausejour Hospital in Beausejour.