The Winnipeg Police Service (WPS) found a woman injured in the middle of the road late on Tuesday evening and is asking the public to help identify the female after she succumb to her injuries.
On May 17, 2022, at approximately 11:30 p.m., WPS and emergency personnel responded to a report of a motor vehicle collision involving a pedestrian at the intersection of Henry Avenue, south of Higgins Avenue.
An adult female (who is yet to be identified) was lying in the roadway and seriously injured. She was subsequently transported to the hospital in critical condition, where she later succumbed to her injuries.
The Traffic Division is requesting the public’s assistance in identifying the victim, who had the following descriptors:
- an Indigenous female
- 45-55 years of age, small/thin build, with shoulder-length salt and pepper hair
- wearing distinct “galaxy-print” brightly coloured sweat pants and a grey sweatshirt
- white/pink/yellow New Balance runners
- three distinct tattoos:
- right wrist “Klyde love you”
- left forearm “Rohdy” in a red half heart
- left forearm symbol
Anyone with information that can identify the victim or assist investigators is asked to call the Traffic Division at 204-986-7085 or police non-emergency at 204-986-6222 if after hours.