Winnipeg's COVID-19 test positivity rate is 6.7 per cent.
Public health officials advise six additional deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today including:
- a male in his 50s from the Winnipeg health region;
- a female in her 60s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at Southeast Personal Care Home;
- a female in her 60s from the Winnipeg health region;
- a male in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at Southeast Personal Care Home;
- a female in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at Holy Family Personal Care Home
- a female in her 90s from the Prairie Mountain Health region and linked to the outbreak at McCreary/Alonsa Health Centre.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 9.5 per cent provincially and 6.7 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 154 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, one case was removed due to a data correction making the net-new cases 153 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 27,893.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- 18 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 70 cases in the Northern health region;
- eight cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 10 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
- 48 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 3,137 active cases and 23,968 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• there are 129 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 144 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 273 hospitalizations;
• there are 25 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 11 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care for a total of 36 ICU patients; and
• the total number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 788. Due to a data correction, one death that had been reported earlier has been removed.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,911 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 456,861. Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
Additional data related to COVID-19, including data on outbreaks as well as some downloadable and historic data, can be found at https://manitoba.ca/openmb/datamb/.
An outbreak has been declared at Deer Lodge, Lodge 2 West in Winnipeg. The site has been moved to Critical (red) on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
Outbreaks have been declared over at Fred Douglas Lodge in Winnipeg and Grandview Personal Care Home in Grandview.
An earlier statement from the province did not include details regarding one death being removed from the count. This has since been corrected.