The province's five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is under 11 per cent, the first time in weeks.
Public health officials advise two new deaths in persons with COVID-19 have been reported today:
• a female in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region; and
• a female in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 10.6 per cent provincially and 11 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 223 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, one case has been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 222 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 53,872.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• 20 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 27 cases in the Northern health region.
• 14 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• 36 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 126 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 3,490 active cases and 49,293 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 306 Manitobans hospitalized with COVID-19 in Manitoba and neighbouring provinces including:
- 197 people in hospital in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 79 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious, amounting to a total of 276 hospitalizations;
- a total of 93 Manitoba patients receiving intensive care for COVID-19 including:
o 45 people in intensive care units in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 18 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, amounting to a total of 63 ICU patients in Manitoba; and
o 30 Manitoba patients in intensive care units outside the province, with 27 in Ontario, one in Saskatchewan and two in Alberta;
• 23 patients previously receiving care in an out of province ICU have now been returned to Manitoba hospitals for further care including two who were repatriated yesterday;
• no COVID-19 patients were transported out of province for care yesterday;
• 2,267 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 797,359; and
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,089.