The Province of Manitoba says at least 23,748 people have recovered from COVID-19.
Public health officials advise four additional deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today including:
• a male in his 80s from the Northern health region, linked to the outbreak at the Rod McGillivary Memorial Care Home;
• a male in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at the Southeast Personal Care Home;
• a female in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at the Concordia Place; and
• a female in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at the Health Science Centre WRS3.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 10.6 per cent provincially and 7.3 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 118 new cases of the virus have been identified and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 27,629.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• 11 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 46 cases in the Northern health region;
• seven cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• nine cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 45 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 3,108 active cases and 23,748 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• there are 135 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 154 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 289 hospitalizations;
• there are 23 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 12 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care for a total of 35 ICU patients; and
• the total number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 773.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,322 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 453,481. Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
Additional data related to COVID-19, including data on outbreaks as well as some downloadable and historic data, can be found at https://manitoba.ca/openmb/datamb/.
Outbreaks have been declared at Golden Door Geriatric Centre and Golden West Centennial Lodge in Winnipeg. The sites have been moved to Critical (red) on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
The outbreaks are declared over at Heritage Lodge Personal Care Home and Calvary Place Personal Care Home, both in Winnipeg.