Public health officials advise three additional deaths due to COVID-19 have been reported, a male in his 80s, a female in her 90s and a female in her 80s, all from the
Winnipeg region and linked to the outbreak at Parkview Place.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 8.6 per cent and 480 new cases of the virus have been identified as of 9:30 a.m. which brings the total number of labc onfirmed cases in Manitoba to 5,374. Of the 480 news cases, two were identified
Sunday, four were identified Monday, 44 were identified Tuesday, 193 were identified
Wednesday and 237 were identified Thursday.
Today’s data shows:
• 42cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
• 25 cases in the Northern health region;
• 10 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• 94 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
• 309 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 2,737 active cases and 2,572 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• there are 104 people in hospital and 19 people in intensive care; and
• the number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 65.
Laboratory testing numbers show 2,865 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the
total number of lab tests completed since early February to 253,357. Case
investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.
Starting, Saturday, Oct. 31, a new drive-thru testing site will open at the Manitoba Public
Insurance building at 125 King Edward St. in Winnipeg. The location can perform up to
400 tests at the location and the hours of operation are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily. For more
information on testing locations, visit
Public health advises that outbreaks have been declared at;
• Deer Lodge Centre long term care unit, Winnipeg;
• Pembina Place personal care home, Winnipeg; and
• Grandview personal care home, Dauphin.
All units and facilities have been moved to Critical (red) on the #RestartMB Pandemic
Public health advises that an outbreak has been declared at Centre Scolaire LéoRémillard. There are 14 cases linked to the school and four cohorts are self-isolating,
including relevant staff. An investigation into the transmission within the school is
ongoing.The decision has been made to move Grade 12 to remote learning. The school
has been moved to orange on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
Winnipeg's new COVID test positivity rate is 9.7 per cent.
Roussin says there is a backlog in data entry.
The backlogged cases included in today's update are from October:
25 - two cases
26 - four cases
27 - 44 cases
28 - 193 cases
29 - 237 cases