Three new cases of COVID-19 have been identified today, bringing Manitoba's total to 407.
- a female in her 30s from the Winnipeg health region;
- a male in his 30s from the Interlake-Eastern health region; and
- a female in her 50s from the Interlake-Eastern health region.
Officials say case investigations are ongoing. When completed, additional information will be provided as needed to inform people of any public health risks.
A case that was identified on July 25, a male in his 50s from the Winnipeg health region, is being removed from the case totals after an investigation determined the individual had recovered from a previous infection from another province.
The data also shows:
- six current hospitalizations, with four individuals in intensive care,
- 74 active cases and 325 individuals have recovered from COVID-19, and
- the number of deaths due to COVID-19 is eight.
An additional 665 laboratory tests were completed on Tuesday, bringing the total number of tests completed since early February to 86,367.
The Southern Health-Sante Sud drive-thru community testing site in Winkler will be closed today, July 29, while the site moves from Park St. to the Southland Mall, R10-777 Norquay Dr. The new site will open Thursday, July 30 at 12 p.m. and operate Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. by appointment only, with access off Kimberly Rd. Call 204-325- 5322 to book an appointment.
The Steinbach drive-thru community testing site, 365 Reimer Ave., will require an appointment for testing starting July 31. Bookings will begin July 30 by calling 204-346-7016.
Starting today, July 29, the Prairie Mountain Health region is setting up a temporary COVID-19 testing site until July 31 in the front parking lot at the Tri-Lake Health Centre at 86 Ellis Dr. in Killarney. The site will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. each day.