Close to 25,000 Manitobans have recovered from COVID-19.
Public health officials advise four additional deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today including:
• a female in her 70s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region;
• a male in his 70s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region;
• a female in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region; and
• a male in his 90s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at Concordia Place Personal Care Home.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 9.6 per cent provincially and 6.1 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 95 new cases of the virus have been identified, However, one case has been removed due to data correction and brings to net-new case total to 94. The number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 28,996.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• two cases in Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 43 cases in the Northern health region;
• three cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• three cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 44 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 3,456 active cases and 24,727 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• there are 127 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 154 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 281 hospitalizations;
• there are 24 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 12 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care for a total of 36 ICU patients; and
• the total number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 813.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,576 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 469,361. Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.