The province is sharing that the current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate in Manitoba is 7.6 per cent.
Due to a data reset, there are no deaths being reported today. The reset puts into place additional checks and balances, increases consistencies and improves regional data. The deaths will be updated and reported Wednesday, Feb. 3.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 7.6 per cent provincially and 4.1 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 83 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, one case has been removed due to a data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 82 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 29,733.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• five cases in Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 53 cases in the Northern health region;
• five cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• two cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 18 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 3,421 active cases and 25,480 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• there are 99 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 155 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 254 hospitalizations;
• there are 24 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 12 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care for a total of 36 ICU patients; and
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 832.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,410 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 480,277. Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.
Additional data related to COVID-19, including data on outbreaks as well as some downloadable and historic data, can be found at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/.
An outbreak has been declared at St. Boniface Hospital unit B5 in Winnipeg. The facility has been moved to the Critical (Red) level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
The outbreak has been declared over at Oakview Personal Care Home in Winnipeg and Rest Haven Personal Care Home in Steinbach.