A unit in the Health Sciences Centre is being declared as an outbreak.
Public health officials advise seven additional deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today including:
• a female in her 60s from the Winnipeg health region;
• a female in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region;
• a male in his 70s from the Winnipeg health region;
• a female in her 70s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region, linked to the outbreak at Le Chalet de la Broquerie Assisted Living facility;
• a male in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at the River East Personal Care Home;
• a female in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at the River East Personal Care Home; and
• a male in his 90s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at the Holy Family Personal Care Home.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 10.7 per cent provincially and 11.5 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 130 new cases of the virus have been identified, which brings the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 25,374.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• 17 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 19 cases in the Northern health region;
• nine cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• eight cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 77 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 4,427 active cases and 20,252 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• there are 243 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 96 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 339 hospitalizations;
• there are 35 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as five people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care for a total of 40 ICU patients; and
• the total number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 695.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,264 tests were completed yesterday bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February to 428,753. Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.
An outbreak has been declared at the WRS3 unit at the Health Sciences Centre in Winnipeg. The site has been moved to Critical (Red) on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
Outbreaks have been declared over at Morris General Hospital in Morris, the Rehabilitation and Surgery unit at Boundary Trails Health Centre in Winkler, the Northern Lights Manor in Flin Flon, as well as at Actionmarguerite St. Boniface, Actionmarguerite St. Joseph and Dakota House, all in Winnipeg.