More than forty thousand Manitobans have recovered from COVID-19 and 335 more have tested positive as of Tuesday.
Health officials say they are removing a previous case due to a data correction, bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 45,913. There are 4,543 active cases.
Tuesday's new cases include:
- 241 cases in the Winnipeg health region
- 29 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region
- 26 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region
- 25 cases in the Northern health region
- 14 cases in the Prairie Mountain health region
One more person, a man in his 70s from Winnipeg linked to the B.1.1.7 variety of concern has died. There are now 1,012 people in Manitoba who have died from the virus,
There are 278 people in the hospital with COVID-19, including 62 who are no longer infectious. Of these, 70 are in ICU, including 19 who are no longer infectious.
In Ashern, Lakeshore General Hospital is no longer the site of an outbreak.