There are 111 new cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba, including 13 new variant cases in Winnipeg.
Officials say those in Steinbach who were at Wilson Court, 301 Kroeker Avenue, on Friday in the morning until 1 p.m. of a possible COVID-19 exposure. They are asking those who were in the building and experiencing symptoms to immediately isolate and test for COVID-19.
Health Officials say new COVID-19 cases include:
- one case in Interlake–Eastern health region;
- 71 cases in the Northern health region
- three cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
- five cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region
- 31 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
Manitoba's five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 5.2 per cent and Winnipeg's is 3.7 per cent. One previous COVID-19 case was removed due to data correction.
There are 989 active cases and 30,997 recoveries.
The province says:
- 58 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 93 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 151 hospitalizations
- 10 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 12 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 22 ICU patients
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 917
With the newly-identified cases of COVDI-19, there are 43 cases of the B.1.1.7 variant and 12 of the B.1.351.