Manitoba's COVID-19 test positivity rate has risen to 5.2 per cent.
There are 66 new cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with most of those cases from Winnipeg.
In total, the new cases are:
• zero cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 17 cases in the Northern health region;
• zero cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• four cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 45 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
A man in his 50s from Winnipeg has died. One new B.1.1.7 COVID-19 variant of concern case has been detected in Prairie Mountain Health. The outbreak has been declared over at St. Boniface Hospital unit E5.
As of March 23, the following individuals are eligible for to access a rapid testing appointment at the Fast Pass site at 1066 Nairn Ave. in Winnipeg, whether or not they are showing symptoms:
• all Manitoba teachers, educational support staff and other staff working in schools and directly with students; and
• Manitoba staff working in licensed centre-based child-care facilities and child-care providers or individuals working in licensed home-based facilities
In total, there are:
• 1,205 active cases and 31,285 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 62 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 76 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 138 hospitalizations;
• 11 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 14 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 25 ICU patients;
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 928; and
• the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases of B.1.1.7 is 64 and B.1.351 is 13, bringing the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases to 77.