Friday, November 11 marks the 103rd Remembrance Day celebrated throughout the world. Join others in remembering the lives of soldiers who fought in World War I and II with ceremonies happening all around Winnipeg.
Remembrance Day Services:
- RBC Convention Centre, doors open at 9:30 a.m., and the ceremony will begin at 10:40 a.m. All are welcome to attend.
- St. Norbert Cemetery, beginning at 10:45 a.m. Light refreshments will be available afterwards at the Eagles Club.
- Royal Canadian Legions Remembrance Day Services:
- Norwood/St. Boniface Branch, doors open at 10:00 a.m., and the ceremony will begin at 11:00 a.m.
- Winnipeg South Osborne Branch, doors open at 10:00 a.m., and the ceremony will begin at 10:45 a.m.
- Transcona Branch, the parade begins at 10:00 a.m., the ceremony will be held at the East End Arena at 10:30 a.m.
- Charleswood Legion 100 Remembrance Day Ceremony at Oak Park High School, the service will begin at 10:30 a.m.
- Selkirk Recreation Complex, the service will begin at 10:30 a.m.
Remembrance Day Events and Activities:
- St. James Legion Remembrance Day Parade, start time is at 10:40 a.m. at Bruce Park. Rides to the park are available. Chilli will be offered back at the Legion after the service.
- Stories of Remembrance: From Hometown to the Frontlines, from November 7-11, view the Remembrance Day exhibit at Kildonan Place.
- Transcona Remembers Scavenger Hunt, scavenger hunt kits are available for pick up at the Transcona Legion.
- CF Polo Park, on the wall in Centre Court there is a memorial display to honour Remembrance Day from November 1-11.
Historic buildings and sites with revised hours:
- FortWhyte Alive - 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Assiniboine Park Zoo - 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Assiniboine Park - Open 24 Hours
- Children’s Museum - 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM
- Manitoba Museum - 1:00 PM– 4:00 PM
- Human Rights Museum - 1:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Oak Hammock Interpretive Centre will be closed.
- Royal Aviation Museum of Western Canada - 1:00 PM– 5:00 PM
- Winnipeg Art Gallery - 1:00 PM– 9:00 PM
- Minto Armoury - Noon – 3:00 PM
- Dalnavert Museum - Closed
For the entirety of November, veterans and still-serving members of the Canadian Armed Forces will receive a 50 per cent off discount at the Children's Museum. Simply present a valid Canadian military service identification card to an Admissions Attendant.
All civic services will be closed on Remembrance Day. Winnipeg libraries will be closed, however, online utilities will remain available at the City of Winnipeg - Winnipeg Public Libraries website. Arenas, indoor pools, and fitness and leisure centres will be closed, except for Margaret Grant pool and Pan Am pool, which will be open from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Recycling, garbage and yard waste will not be collected on Remembrance Day. If anyone's collection day falls on the holiday or after, they are being asked to leave their carts and yard waste out one day later for this week only.
Brady Road Resource Management Facility and all 4R Winnipeg Depots are closed on Friday.
Winnipeg Transit will operate on a Sunday schedule.