The province says there are 164 new cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba.
The latest person with COVID-19 to die is a man in his 50s from the Northern Health region.
New cases Wednesday include:
• 15 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region
• 30 cases in the Northern health region
• 19 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 24 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region
• 76 cases in the Winnipeg health region
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 6.3 per cent provincially and 6.6 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 164 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, two cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 162 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 36,632.
The data also shows:
• 1,833 active cases and 33,838 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 72 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 65 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 137 hospitalizations;
• 18 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 16 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 34 ICU patients;
• 2,785 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 630,143; and
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 961.
An outbreak has been declared at St. Maurice Daycare Inc., in Winnipeg. The facility has been moved to the Critical (Red) level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
Outbreaks have been declared over at Boyne Lodge Personal Care Home in Carman, Boissevain Hospital and Evergreen Place Personal Care Home in Boissevain and the MD Practice Solutions of Manitoba Inc., Health Science Centre unit GD4, Donwood Manor, Heritage Lodge, Lions Manor Personal Care Home, Meadowood Manor, Oakview Place and Parkview Place all in Winnipeg.