Another two Manitobans have died with COVID-19 and 281 new cases of the virus were announced Sunday.
Today's death toll includes:
- a female in her 30s from the Northern health region; and
- a male in his 80s from the Southern Health region, linked to an outbreak at the Emerson Health Centre.
Eligibility to be immunized at a super site or pop-up clinic includes individuals aged 50 or older and First Nation people aged 30 or older.
Two cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 279 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 39,274. The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 7.7 per cent provincially and 8.4 per cent in Winnipeg.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- 22 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
- nine cases in the Northern health region;
- 46 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 26 cases in the Southern Health region; and
- 178 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 2,540 active cases and 35,756 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 105 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 62 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 167 hospitalizations;
- 27 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 13 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 40 ICU patients;
- 3,188 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 667,827; and
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 978.
Additional data about variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday.