The province says there are 2,173 active-active COVID-19 cases and 34,884 recovered Manitobans
The province is announcing 218 new COVID-19 cases with 156 of those in Winnipeg. In the past two weeks, Manitoba has seen 2,698 new cases of COVID-19. Looking at case numbers one month ago, the previous two-week total was 1,038.
Tuesday's new cases include:
• five cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region
• 12 cases in the Northern health region
• 30 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 15 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region
• 156 cases in the Winnipeg health region
Hospital data is unavailable and the current number of people who have died with the virus remains at 968.
Manitoba's five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 7.5 per cent. Winnipeg's rate is 8.4 per cent.
École Marie-Anne-Gaboury in Winnipeg is the site of an outbreak and is remote learning until May 7.
Swan Valley Lodge Personal Care Home in Swan River is the site of an outbreak and is moving to Critical (Red) level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.