One Winnipeg man has been arrested for trafficking drugs and $355,000 worth of items were seized.
On May 12, 2023, members of the Winnipeg Police Service’s Guns & Gangs Unit executed a search warrant at a residence in the 200 block of Hawthorne Avenue as part of a drug trafficking investigation.
Police located more than $200,000 worth of cocaine and $120,000 in proceeds of crime during a search of the residence and a vehicle. One individual was subsequently taken into custody, and the following items were seized:
- 5 kilograms of packaged cocaine (estimated street value of $200,000)
- approximately 350 grams of cocaine (estimated street value of $35,000)
- approximately $120,000 in Canadian currency
- a billiard ball weapon
- packaging materials (including a vacuum sealer & a press)
- money counter
A 26-year-old male, Riely Jordan MACDONALD of Winnipeg, was charged with the following drug offences:
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking - Cocaine
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000
- Possession of a Weapon
- Fail to Comply with Condition of Undertaking x 2
He was detained in custody.