Another Manitoban has died with COVID-19.
Today's death toll includes a male in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region.
Public health officials have confirmed 100 new cases of the virus in Manitoba. One case has been removed due to a data correction, bringing the net-new number of cases today to 99 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 30,687.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is five per cent provincially and 3.8 per cent in Winnipeg. Of the 100 new cases, nearly half are in Winnipeg.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- two cases in Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 39 cases in the Northern health region;
- three cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 12 cases in the Southern Health region; and
- 44 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 1,628 active cases and 28,193 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 86 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 144 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 230 hospitalizations;
- 11 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 17 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care for a total of 28 ICU patients; and
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 866. Due to a data correction, one death that had been reported earlier has been removed.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,560 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 499,259.
Some COVID-19 testing locations across the province will have reduced hours for Louis Riel Day.
Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.