As new public health orders come into effect in Manitoba, once again over 500 new cases of COVID-19 have been identified in a single day.
Public health officials advise that three new deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today:
- A female in her 50s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
- A female in her 60s from the Prairie Mountain Health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
- A female in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 10.9% provincially. As of 9:30 a.m. Sunday, 532 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, three cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 529 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 41,425.
Of the 532 new cases announced today, 1 is in Steinbach, 4 are in Tache, and 2 are in the Niverville/Ritchot District.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- 27 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region.
- Nine cases in the Northern health region.
- 34 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region.
- 40 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region.
- 422 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 3,499 active cases and 37,461 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19.
- 149 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 61 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 210 hospitalizations.
- 42 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 10 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 52 ICU patients.
- 4,234 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 694,828.
The total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 993.