Daily case numbers of COVID-19 remain low in the province, with 56 new cases reported Sunday.
Public health officials advise two additional deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today:
- a female in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to an outbreak at River East Personal Care Home; and
- a female in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to an outbreak at Actionmarguerite St. Boniface.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 3.3 per cent provincially and 2.3 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 32,225.
Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- three cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region, of which two are from Hanover;
- one case in Interlake–Eastern health region;
- 27 cases in the Northern health region;
- one case in the Prairie Mountain Health region; and
- 24 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 1,130 active cases and 30,188 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 48 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 111 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 159 hospitalizations;
- nine people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 13 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 22 ICU patients;
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 907; and
- the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases of B.1.1.7 is six and B.1.351 is three, bringing the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases to nine.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,677 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 537,369.