An apartment fire late Wednesday evening has left several residents looking for temporary accommodations. 

At around 11:59 p.m. last night, fire crews responded to reports of a fire in a three-storey apartment complex in the 300 block of Mountain Avenue.

When they arrived, heavy flames and smoke were pouring out of the building. An aerial ladder was used to help get the fire under control.

Most of the residents self-evacuated before crews arrived, and those who had not were assisted by firefighters. No injuries were reported. 

The City of Winnipeg's Emergency Social Services team assisted displaced residents in finding temporary accommodations. 

Fire officials believe the fire was accidental. The investigation continues.