The Province of Manitoba says there are over two dozen new probable COVID-19 cases in the province since Friday's update.
Dr. Brent Roussin, Manitoba's chief provincial public health officer, made the announcement Saturday morning.
Roussin says this brings the total number of lab-confirmed and probable positive cases in Manitoba to 64. As of 9:39 a.m. Saturday, March 28 there were 25 positive cases and 39 probable.
Additionally, there have been no additional deaths related to the virus after the single death announced earlier in the week. However, Roussin says one person has been admitted to intensive care.
Public health investigations are on-going as to how the new cases were contracted, and if they may have come in contact with others.
As of Friday, March 27 there have been 6,203 tests completed at Cadham Provincial Lab.
The public is reminded that under The Public Health Act, the following measures will be in place, effective 12:01 a.m. on Monday, March 30:
- Public gatherings will be limited to no more than 10 people at any indoor or outdoor place or premises. This includes places of worship, gatherings and family events such as weddings and funerals. This does not apply to a facility where health care or social services are provided including child-care centres and homeless shelters.
- Retail businesses including grocery or food stores, shopping centres, pharmacies or gas stations must ensure separation of one to two metres between patrons assembling in the business.
- Public transportation facilities must also ensure that people assembling at the facility are reasonably able to maintain a separation of one to two metres.
Other restrictions first introduced in a public health order issued on March 20 remain in effect.