Public health officials announced two new deaths and 50 new cases of COVID-19 Sunday in the province.
The two additional deaths reported include:
- a male in his 80s from the Winnipeg Health region; and
- a female in her 90s from the Winnipeg Health region.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 3.7 per cent provincially and 2.7 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 31,859.
Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- two cases in Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 21 cases in the Northern health region;
- one case in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- five cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
- 21 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 1,194 active cases and 29,770 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 72 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 120 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 192 hospitalizations;
- 11 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 15 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 26 ICU patients;
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 895; and
- the total number of confirmed B.1.1.7 variant of concern cases is five.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,866 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 525,373.