Manitoba's test rate has jumped close to two per cent in one day.
There are 742 new cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba, bringing the total number of cases to 73,573. There are 3,626 active cases and 68,577 recoveries.
Cases by health region include:
- 528 in Winnipeg, 54 people who were not fully vaccinated
- 72 in Prairie Mountain, 17 people who were not fully vaccinated
- 71 in Southern, 25 people who were not fully vaccinated
- 48 in Interlake-Eastern, seven people who were not fully vaccinated
- 23 in Northern, four people who were not fully vaccinated
There are now 22 omicron COVID-19 cases in Manitoba after four more were discovered.
Manitoba's five-day test rate is 12.6 per cent. Winnipeg's rate is 14.7 per cent.
Manitoba's Chief PublicHealth Officer, Dr. Brent Roussin, estimates that the number of cases in Manitoba is much higher due to testing backlogs. As of Friday morning, there was a backlog of 10,000 tests.
The province says 4,657 tests were completed on Thursday.
Deaths and hospitalizations
One more person has died, bringing the total number of deaths to 1,370.
The two most recent deaths are a female in her 40s from the Winnipeg health region and a male in his 50s from the Winnipeg health region.
There are 135 people in the hospital, with 90 of those people having active cases.
There are 24 people in intensive care, with 18 of those people having active cases.
Holy Family Home's outbreak is over.
West Park Manor personal care home and Heritage Lodge personal care home, both in Winnipeg, are in outbreaks.