The Manitoba Sunflower Festival isn't the only event happening outside the city this week.
Monday, July 24
- A blood donor clinic will be held at Winkler Mennonite Brethren Church from 3 to 8 pm. Walk-ins welcome or make an appointment at blood.ca.
Tuesday, July 25
- The 22nd annual Reinland Open Golf Tournament. It will be held at Walhalla Golf Club with a shotgun start at 6 pm. You can register as a foursome, in pairs, or individually. Prizes and wind up will take place at the Reinland Community Centre. Register with James Fehr at 204-325-0988 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, July 26
- Morden Recreation Department invites you to try the hula hoop, slackline, and hacky sack from 6:30 to 8:30 pm in the Morden Park Bowl. Hoops will be provided. Contact Stephanie Dueck at 204-822-5431 for more details.
Thursday, July 27
- The Miami Seniors Open. Contact the pro shop for more details or register at golfMiami.ca.
- A Handi-Van Driver workshop is planned at Winkler Senior Centre. Hours are 9 am to 4 pm. Another free workshop at Winkler Senior Centre is on Urban Pole Fitness. Learn how to turn your walk into a full body workout using a walking pole. This workshop takes place from 10 to 11:30 am. Call the Centre to register for either of these workshops.
- A free summer concert at Bethel Heritage Park takes place at 6:30 pm featuring a young Christian Band “The Boy and The Sea”, inflatable bouncers for kids, as well as food and beverages available for purchase by The Bunker.
Friday, July 28
- A blood donor clinic is being held at Morris Multi-Plex. Hours are 3 to 7 pm. Visit blood.ca to make an appointment.
Friday to Sunday
- The Manitoba Sunflower Festival is happening in Altona. There will be lots of children’s activities, quilt show, giant parade, Mennonite foods, multicultural pavilion, sunflower queen competition, car show, entertainment, farmers market, motocross, baseball, tractor and grain hauler pull and more.
Saturday, July 29
- A 3 on 3 basketball tournament is taking place during the Manitoba Sunflower Festival in Altona. It will be held in the parking lot between the Gallery in the Park and Millennium Exhibition Centre. Age groups include 14 and under, 16 and under, 18 and under, and 19 and older. Cost is $45 per team. Register at altonabasketball.com.
Sunday, July 30
- The Winkler Barracudas swim team is hosting a swim meet as part of the Swim Manitoba summer swim program. Teams from Manitou, Pilot Mound, Treherne, Neepawa, Swan River and Beausejour will be competing.