Several highways remain closed across southwestern Manitoba Sunday morning due to icy roads and blowing snow.
A low-pressure system made its way through southern Manitoba Saturday, bringing with it strong winds and significant snowfall.
As of 10:20 a.m. Sunday, March 12, the following highways remain closed:
- Highway 31, from the US border to Highway 23
- Highway 242, from US the border to Highway 3
- Highway 243, from Highway 30 to Highway 201
- Highway 428, from Winkler to Highway 23.
As of 10:20 a.m., Sunday March 12, the following highways have reopened:
- Highway 3, from Sperling to Carman,
- Highway 3, from Highway 34 to Highway 14
- Highway 23, from Highway 75 to Highway 34
- Highway 34, from Highway 3 to Highway 245
- Highway 201, from Altona to Highway 32,
- Highway 245, from Carman to Highway 34.