Winnipeg is reporting 129 new cases of COVID-19 on Monday.
Another six Manitobans have died with COVID-19. Today's death toll includes:
- a male in his 70s from the Interlake-Eastern health region (reported Saturday);
- a female in her 60s from the Southern Health-Santé Sud region (reported Saturday);
- a male in his 60s from the Interlake-Eastern health region (reported Saturday);
- a male in his 80s from the Southern Health-Santé Sud region (reported Sunday);
- a male in his 70s from the Southern Health-Santé Sud region linked to an outbreak at Manitoba Developmental Centre (reported Sunday);
- a male in his 50s from the Prairie Mountain Health region (reported Monday).
Public health has confirmed 809 new cases of the virus since Friday: 276 cases on Saturday, 333 cases on Sunday and 200 cases today. Four cases have been removed due to data correction. The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 71,590. Today's five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 8 per cent provincially and 8.1 per cent in Winnipeg.
Of the 200 new cases identified in Manitoba today, 125 are in individuals who are fully vaccinated, 54 are in individuals who are not vaccinated and 21 are in individuals who are partially vaccinated.
Today's new cases include:
- four in the Interlake-Eastern health region
- 16 in the Prairie Mountain Health region
- 23 in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region
- 28 in the Northern health region
- 129 in the Winnipeg health region
Today’s data also shows:
- 2,183 active cases and 68,041 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 137 Manitobans hospitalized with COVID-19 including 86 people with active COVID-19 as well as 51 people who are no longer infectious;
- a total of 27 Manitoba patients receiving intensive care for COVID-19 including 21 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as six people who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care;
- Nine new cases of B.1.1.529 (omicron) variant have been confirmed in Manitoba for a total of 17;
- 2,285 laboratory tests were completed yesterday bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 1,233,761; and
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,366.
Outbreaks have been declared over at:
- Misericordia Health Centre, Transitional Care Unit (TCU), C5.
With the introduction of the omicron variant of concern, Manitoba is anticipating a surge in COVID-19 cases similar to that seen in other countries and provinces. Manitoba is shifting public health resources to increase vaccination rates and support treatment. For more information on the changes and additional resources, visit https://manitoba.ca/covid19/testing/monitoring/index.html.