Six new cases of COVID-19 were announced Thursday as the province nears 90,000 completed tests.
As of Friday at 9:30 am, the total number of lab-confirmed positive and probable positive cases in Manitoba is 415. The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 0.40 per cent.
The data shows there were:
- two new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- three new cases in the Interlake-Eastern Health region;
- one new case in the Winnipeg region.
Case investigations are ongoing. When completed, additional information will be provided as needed to inform people of any public health risks.
The data also shows:
- six current hospitalizations, with five individuals in intensive care,
- 70 active cases and 337 individuals have recovered from COVID-19, and
- the number of deaths due to COVID-19 is eight.
An additional 1,073 laboratory tests were completed on Thursday, bringing the total number of tests completed since early February to 88,621.
Public health officials are advising that potential exposure to COVID-19 may have occurred from a case identified today at Blazers Mini Mart, 140 Main St N., Minnedosa, on July 25 and from a case identified Thursday at the Asian Spices of Brandon, 437-A 10th St, Brandon, on July 22 and 23.
People who are considered close contacts of a COVID-19 case will be contacted by public health officials and advised to self-isolate. Others who were at these sites on those days do not need to self-isolate but should self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19.