Three personal care homes are no longer being labelled as a COVID-19 outbreak area.
Public health officials advise no additional deaths in people with COVID-19 are being reported today.
Outbreaks have been declared over at Poseidon Care Centre in Winnipeg, the Heritage Life Personal Care Home in Niverville and Valleyview Care Centre Long Term Care Home in Brandon.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 4.8 per cent provincially and 3.5 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 50 new cases of the virus have been identified and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 32,793.
Additionally, public health officials are announcing 18 confirmed cases of the B.1.1.7 COVID-19 variant of concern have been detected. One case is from the Interlake–Eastern health region and 17 are from the Winnipeg health region. Case investigations continue and public health will advise if there is a risk to the public.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• zero cases in Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 16 cases in the Northern health region;
• zero cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• three cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 31 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 908 active cases and 30,968 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 56 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 95 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 151 hospitalizations;
• 11 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 12 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 23 ICU patients;
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 917; and
• the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases of B.1.1.7 is 30 and B.1.351 is 11, bringing the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases to 41.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,516 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 551,209.