There are 77 new cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba.
Public health officials advise one additional death in a person with COVID-19 has been reported today:
• a female in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at River East Personal Care Home.
The outbreak has been declared over at Seven Oaks General Hospital unit 3U4-7.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 3.8 per cent provincially and 2.9 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 77 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, six cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 71 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 32,421.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• two cases in Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 36 cases in the Northern health region;
• six cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• nine cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 24 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 1,185 active cases and 30,328 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 56 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 106 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 162 hospitalizations;
• Nine people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 12 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 21 ICU patients;
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 908; and
• the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases of B.1.1.7 is 11 and B.1.351 is 11, bringing the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases to 22.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,928 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 541,926.