Another Manitoban has died with COVID-19. The man in his 80s lived in the Winnipeg health region.
Today, eligibility to be immunized at a super site or pop-up clinic has been expanded to include individuals aged 67 or older and First Nation people aged 47 or older.
Public health officials have confirmed 89 new cases of the virus in Manitoba. However, two cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 87 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 33,263. The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is five per cent provincially and 3.2 per cent in Winnipeg. Of the 89 new cases, six are in the Southern Health region, including two in the Niverville/ Ritchot district and one in the St. Pierre/ De Salaberry district.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- two cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
- 46 cases in the Northern health region;
- five cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- six cases in the Southern Health region; and
- 30 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 1,155 active cases and 31,188 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 56 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 77 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 133 hospitalizations;
- 10 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 11 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 21 ICU patients;
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 920; and
- the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases of B.1.1.7 is 63 and B.1.351 is 13, bringing the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases to 76.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,991 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 561,466.