UFC Hall of Famer Mark Coleman is praising God after he woke up from being in critical condition after rescuing his parents from a house fire. 

Coleman was home visiting his elderly parents in Toledo, Ohio this past week when their house caught fire in the middle of the night. 

Coleman and his parents woke from the sounds of barking from Hammer, the family dog, around 4:00 a.m. Coleman helped his parents safely get out of the house before going back in to help get Hammer out. However, the dog succumbed to the fire and Coleman barely made it out before collapsing from smoke inhalation. A helicopter took the former fighter to the nearest hospital to be treated. 

Due to the severity of his condition, Coleman spent two days unconscious before waking up. A video shows Coleman's immense gratitude for waking up after being in critical condition. 

"I can't believe my parents are alive," says Coleman crying. "I had to make a decision because I got out of my room and went to the door and it was already horrible. I couldn't breathe. I almost had to go outside but I went back in a got them."

Coleman's daughter, Kenzie posted the video to social media sharing her delight that her dad survived the fire. 

"God is good," says Kenzie in the post. "Miracles do happen. Our dad is breathing on his own. We want to thank you all for the love and support from the bottom of our hearts."

The family is thanking everyone for their support after feeling the love from a GoFundMe page created for Coleman. 

"Wow!" says Coleman's other daughter, Morgan. "The power of prayer and overwhelming support means everything to us. Miracles do happen! Our Dad is breathing on his own. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts and please keep praying for our Dad as he continues his recovery."

Coleman was released from the hospital as he continues to heal from his injuries at home.

"We all knew he was one of the best athletes, now we know he is a true hero," the family wrote on their GoFundMe. "Please keep praying with us that our hero has complete healing."