Almost 70 per cent of the positive COVID cases in Manitoba on Friday are in fully or partially vaccinated people.
Another three Manitobans have died with COVID-19. Today's death toll includes:
- a male in his 30s from the Interlake-Eastern health region (reported Thursday);
- a female in her 50 from the Northern health region (reported Thursday); and
- a male in his 80s from the Prairie Mountain Health region (reported Friday).
Twelve cases have been removed due to data correction. The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 70,785. Today's five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 6.5 per cent provincially and 5.5 per cent in Winnipeg.
Of the 239 new cases identified on Friday, 147 are in individuals who are fully vaccinated, 74 are in individuals who are not vaccinated and 18 are in individuals who are partially vaccinated. Of the new cases:
- 10 are in the Interlake-Eastern health region
- 16 are in the Northern health region
- 34 are in the Prairie Mountain Health region
- 71 are in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region
- 108 are in the Winnipeg health region
Today’s data also shows:
- 1,799 active cases and 67,626 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 139 Manitobans hospitalized with COVID-19 including 84 people with active COVID-19 as well as 55 people who are no longer infectious;
- a total of 33 Manitoba patients receiving intensive care for COVID-19 including 24 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as nine people who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care;
- two new cases of B.1.1.529 (omicron) variant have been confirmed in Manitoba for a total of eight;
- 3,553 laboratory tests were completed yesterday bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 1,224,739; and
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,360.
An outbreak has been declared at:
- Meadows School, Grade 5/6 cohort, in Brandon
- Faith Academy Middle School, Grade 6B, in Winnipeg.
The schools have been moved to the Restricted (Orange) level on the Pandemic Response System.
Outbreaks have been declared over at:
- Third Crossing Manor personal care home.